As I mentioned before, Jonathan and I would love to make the wedding celebration more than just one piddley Saturday night. We put together this long list of fun things we want to do, but then had a minor freakout about having to plan everything. But then we had the best idea ever – delegate!
Delegation is always the thing I say I have to work on when they ask me in interviews, so this seems like a perfect opportunity to practice and then have a super sweet answer for my next job offerer (fingers crossed). I practiced this skill by asking some of my bestest, skilled, and most responsible friends if they would organize some of the pre-wedding activities so we wouldn’t have to. So far, here’s the party preview:
Thursday evening: Brewery tours and tastings (tag teamed by Amanda West and Adam Crawford)
Friday morning: River rafting/floating (commandeered by Aaron “What’s funny about safety? Nothing’s funny about safety” Derwingson)
Friday afternoon: Wine tasting and tour (hosted by sister/wino Lisa)
Friday evening: BBQ Schooley style (brought to you by the Schooley parents)
Saturday morning: Peach picking (led by produce connoisseur Laura Horton)
Saturday evening: THE WEDDING, OF COURSE!
Sunday morning: Schooley/Heyl family brunch (hosted by the Heyl crew)
There are still other ideas floating around in our (okay, my) heads. These include a critical mass bike ride Tour de Eugene and a Runaway Bride 5K, among others, but they need planners and time…maybe Thursday events? So much to do and so little time!
I hope that this entices you to come on out and spend some time hanging out with us in Eugene pre-wedding. More details to be out later so you can RSVP and get adequately pumped.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll bring the apple-smoked bacon for Sunday breakfast. Hopefully, we can bring my sailboat, too, for some fun along the road to and from this great event. Hey, is there a B&B or Hotel you can recommend in Eugene for this event, perhaps big enough to house the Heyls (if such a thing is actually possible?
ReplyDelete