Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The recession must be over

I was just starting to get into the groove of having a sugar daddy. Jonathan has a lovely, adeptly paying job with the Forest Service and I have an “I-might-as-well-work-at-Burgerville” paying internship with the regional government. Well, that just changed!

No, Jonathan didn’t get canned. I got a real, permanent, grown-up job! I will soon be the first planner to walk the halls of the Multnomah County Public Health Department to ensure that Multnomah County (the county that Portland is in) develops itself and funds projects that improve human health whether it is through access to walkable and bikeable neighborhoods, having affordable and healthy food, and being able to breathe fresh air. I’ll be doing health impact assessments and oodles of collaboration.

Yeah, it’s basically a dream job. Have a drink on me tonight, ladies and gents. Just watch those calories…

No comments:

Post a Comment